Saturday, August 6, 2011

Winner, Winner, Bunny's Tavern Dinner?

Friday morning Taylor and I played in our local law enforcement charity golf tournament at one of the country clubs. My boss asked me to put together a four person scramble team and no one in the office could play so I ended up asking Taylor, a client, and then one of my client's friends to play. And guess what? We came home with this...


Ha! This is the first time I have ever won a golf tournament! It was such a beautiful day to play (probably the best all year) and our team played very well together. I didn't really know how my client and his friend would play, but they both had a couple pivotal shots and then I was able to help with the forward tee advantage and then Taylor was just Taylor! :) We actually tied with another team, so it came down to a hole by hole comparison and after about 6 holes, we birdied and they pared!


The tournament was a fundraiser for the Breast Cancer Institute at one of our local hospitals. Since starting to raise funds a few years ago, they have raised over $260,000 for cancer research! How awesome is that? And how awesome is all this stuff we came home with! We each received a nice Nike Dri-fit polo, coffee mugs with their signature "Cops of Coffee" logo, 2 huggies, and as an additional prize for winning, we got gift certs to a local tavern in CU called "Bunny's Tavern". It's in downtown CU and we are looking forward to checking it out!


This weekend has been completely filled with golf. Taylor is currently playing in the Twin City Open which allows players to compete at all three of our local country club courses. Today he played at Ch. Country Club and it was so pretty. It was also one of the tightest courses I have ever seen. I think he might have hit his driver twice the whole round; it was all about the irons today. Tomorrow he plays at Lincolnshire so we will see how that goes! He isn't really in contention to win, but I think he has really enjoyed playing the country club courses that he couldn't play otherwise. Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment