Monday, August 22, 2011

She's in love with a boy

This past weekend we got in the car and headed to Tulsa to see one of my good friends Katie get married! I always enjoy getting to spend time with our family and friends, but the 8-10 hours in the car one way (depending on where we are traveling) can really take a toll on you. Luckily, our friend TP road down with us, so we were able to split the drive up a little more. We arrived in Tulsa about 1am and went straight to bed when we got to my parents house!


Saturday morning we ate a nice breakfast and then headed to Enid for the wedding. Katie and I went to high school together and then roomed with each other two years during college. She was even a bridesmaid in our wedding! It was so wonderful to see SOOOOOO many of our college friends there to help celebrate this special day in her life. All my girlfriends haven't been together in way too long so it was nice to spend sometime together!


After the wedding, we headed back home and went to watch some of our family friends, The Massey's, go fishing! It's always a hoot to be around them and it was nice being outside, even though it was a little warmer then we are used too :) Sunday we got up early and headed back to Illinois. My mom let me borrow her copy of "The Help" so Taylor and I alternated reading it aloud on the way home. I am really enjoying it so far, and I even think Taylor liked it! Once after we got back in the car after filling up with gas, I didn't start reading and Taylor said, "Aren't you going to keep reading?" Ha!

We picked up a pizza on the way home and went over to Laine and Andrew's to eat! I was really tired, but it's always so nice to see them :) We are looking forward to staying home this weekend and going to the Sweetcorn Festival!

Also, in honor of Katie marrying Tommy, I will leave you with Trisha Yearwood's song "She's in love with a boy" :) We have been playing this song for her since they started dating. Ha! I love you Katie and we wish you and Tommy the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment