Sunday, March 6, 2011

Weekend Update

Sorry I don't have any pictures to share! We had a pretty low key weekend and didn't do anything real exciting, so I didn't take any pictures. Friday evening we cooked dinner and started working on laundry, I know, super exciting. Ha! We did go get ice cream with Laine and Andrew at Jarling's (our local custard place) because they opened for the seasoned earlier that day. They have very good ice cream so whenever you come visit we will have to take you!

After getting ice cream, L&A said they were planning on watching a movie so we decided to just come back to our house and watch it together. I just love watching movies at home! I would always choose to see a movie in my living room over going to the theater. Ha! After the movie, we just sat around talking and before we knew it, it was 1:30! So needless to say, we slept in a little on Saturday morning :)

Taylor has started playing basketball with some guys at the U of I gym on Saturday mornings, so while he was gone, I decided to go through all my clothes and get rid of stuff. I have needed to do this for awhile, because I can't even close my dresser drawers anymore. I know what you're thinking, "Wow, this post keeps getting more exciting!" Ha. Well after Taylor got home around 1, we finished up some laundry (it always seem to take forever to do laundry!) and then called to see if L&A wanted to go eat at Yoder's Kitchen with us that afternoon. Laine had mentioned earlier in the week she would like to go there, and since it was a rainy/gloomy Saturday with nothing else going on, it seemed like the perfect time to go! So I got peanut butter pie TWO weeks in a row, yummy!

After we got back from dinner, at 5pm since that's when they close on Saturdays, we just went to Walmart and then came home and hung around the house. Taylor always has homework to work on and I just did a little cleaning and watched some episodes of Gilmore Girls I had rented from the library. Today has been pretty much like the rest of the weekend, low key. We went to church this morning and then had lunch with L&A. Laine made cranberry chicken and it was so delicious! This afternoon/evening we have just been cleaning the house, doing homework, doing our long run for the week, and cooking dinner.

So that about sums up the weekend! I promise to have pictures next time :) We recently went to Wisconsin with some of our friends and I am trying to figure out how to get the pictures I took off my camera (I forgot to put the memory stick in the camera and can't find the cord to download the pictures!). Hopefully I'll have those to share soon!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment