Thursday, March 24, 2011

SB 2011: Day 4

Homework. Work. Dinner. NBC Night of Comedy. NCAA Tournament. Yep, that about sums up our Thursday! Ha.

But, I did get a little creative tonight and decided to try a new recipe so I thought I would share that to make up for our lack of Spring Break excitement! Here's a peek of the finished product :)

So on our way home from AR a couple weeks ago, Taylor's mom sent us home with a delicious bag of chocolate chip cookies! We didn't finish all of them so I have been trying to figure out something to do with them because I didn't just want to throw them away.


I was thinking the other day, "I wonder if I could make a pie crust with the cookies?" So, I took a graham cracker crust recipe and replaced it with the cookies!


I put them in the food processor and pulsed them for a couple seconds, added some sugar, a little butter, pressed the mixture into a pie crust, baked it for 5 minutes at 350 and...


I had a chocolate chip cookie pie crust that turned out surprisingly well!


Next, I decided to make a peanut butter pie filling that Sarah has mentioned on her blog before! Ever since Yoder's Kitchen I have just fallen in love with peanut butter pie :) So I added 3/4 cup peanut butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 4 oz. of cream cheese and mixed it all together with the mixer. Then I folded in 8 oz. of cool whip (which I wanted to just eat straight out of the container) and 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and mixed that together until it became creamy!


Then after eating a couple spoonfuls of the pie filling, ha, I filled the pie crust and placed it in the freezer for a couple hours! I also drizzled some chocolate syrup on top for decoration before.


And two hours later, we had dessert! I thought the peanut butter pie tasted really good with the chocolate chip crust and Taylor even really liked it :) I probably won't always make a chocolate chip pie crust, but it was fun to make something new and not waste some delicious chocolate chip cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment