Monday, October 18, 2010

Weekend Recap

Well, we made it through Monday. Only four days left until Friday! This past weekend was our first weekend in a long time where we had nothing planned! It was so nice to be able to sleep in Saturday. All we had going on that day was watching the Arkansas game at Laine and Andrew's house! We had a lot of fun hanging out with them and grilling out, but the game was another story. All I have to say to Auburn is that it's easy to be undefeated when the officials give you points! Ha. I know, I shouldn't be a sore loser. That game was just one of the longest emotional roller coasters I have ever been on.

Sunday morning we got up and went to church, then had lunch over at Laine and Andrews! She had made chicken spaghetti and it was so yummy! After lunch we went on a short run (only a couple weeks until the race!), went to Walmart, and then I made a little trip to the mall while Taylor was studying. All the stores are having some great sales right now and I never realized how small my professional wardrobe was until I started working! We don't have much planned this week but this coming weekend is the U of I Homecoming game so we will be going to the stations tailgate! I am not sure yet if we are planning on attending the game.

One a completely different topic, Taylor and I tried to make sushi this past week. It did not turn out well! Luckily, we had a frozen pizza in the fridge so we just heated that up. Ha. Taylor had been so excited about trying to make sushi and his friend Can, who is Chinese, had even bought us some seaweed and the bamboo mat you roll the sushi on. Sadly, it was just not good. We decided that we need to invite Can over and have him show us or just go get sushi from the pros at the restaurant! Ha.


This is before Taylor rolled it up!


And here is the final product. It looks a lot better than it tasted! Ha.


But last week we did have one very successful meal, spaghetti and meatballs! My parents meatball recipe is my favorite and I was so excited to make it for Taylor! He ended up loving them so I'm sure we will be making this again soon.



Meatball Recipe

1 lb hamburger
1/2 cup bread crumbs (we used crushed saltines)
1/2 cup dried parsley
1 clove minced garlic
1 egg
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Mix together, make into balls, place on cookie sheet, bake for approx 30 min @ 350 deg F, until done. May need to turn if getting to done on one side.

Have a great Tuesday y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment