Monday, October 11, 2010

Living on Tulsa Time...

First of all, I think this may be the most clever title I have ever given a post! Ha. But anyways, last weekend we headed to Tulsa for my best friend Jessica's wedding shower! I left work early on Friday and we headed to Springfield to spend the evening with Taylor's parents. They were there for a meeting his dad had and it worked out well to break up the 9 1/2 hour drive. We got up early Saturday morning and drove the rest of the way to Tulsa.

I was really excited that we were able to make it to the shower! Even though we spent about 18 hours in the car, I would have been so upset if I had to miss Jess's shower. This is such a special time in her life and I am thankful to be a part of it. The shower was a lot of fun and Jess got a lot of really good stuff! We played this game where you had to dress up someone as a bride with toilet paper. Ha. Keeley volunteered to be our bride and this is the "dress" my mom and I made for her!


Here is the pretty bride-to-be! We have been friends since 2nd or 3rd grade and I am so blessed to have her in my life. She is getting married on 12/11/10 (how cool is that?!) and I am soooo excited for her! She was my maid of honor and now I am her matron of honor.


After the shower, my mom, Keeley, and I went to Dillard's to return some stuff I had ordered and then we headed home to eat dinner. We had pizza from Minuteman (of course!) and watched the Arkansas game with Taylor and my dad. We had so many friends that we would have liked to have seen while we were in town, but there just wasn't enough time :( I had not seen my family in about 2 1/2 months so I was happy to be able to spend time with them. We got up Sunday morning and had breakfast then were on the road by 9:30am! We arrived back in Illinois about 7pm, including stopping 45 mins for lunch and taking two bathroom stops, so we made really good time!

Laine texted us when we got home and asked if we wanted to go get ice cream for 10/10/10! Even though we were tired, of course we went to get ice cream :) It is always fun to hang out with them and Laine brought us some homemade cinnamon rolls. So our breakfast this morning was yummy!

Today has been a pretty good day. I have been a little homesick after spending time with our family, but we will see them all again soon! Tonight we made jalapeno cornbread for dinner, which is one of Taylor's favorite things. Susan (Taylor's mom) makes it and it is always so delicious but mine didn't turn out quite like hers; Taylor still said it was good though. Ha!


Jalapeno Cornbread
Ingredients
2 cups yellow corn meal
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup grated cheddar
1/2 cup cream style corn
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 diced jalapenos

Directions
Mix all ingredients. Heat a little oil in an iron skillet. Pour cornbread mixture into the very hot oil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Hope you all had a great weekend and happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment