Thursday, October 21, 2010

Recipes


So the past few nights we have had some yummy dinners so I thought I would share the recipes with y'all! On Tuesday night Taylor has a night class so this means we either eat out or I make something that is easy to take up to the lab! This week we decided to make Chicken Parm Pizza but since I needed to take it up to the lab, I put it on a loaf of Parmesan cheese bread and it was sooo good. I have posted the recipe for this before, but it was on pizza dough. Putting it on a loaf of bread was a lot easier and I feel like it made more this way!

CHICKEN PARM PIZZA RECIPE
  • 1 loaf of french bread (buy a loaf that is soft since you will be cooking it more)
  • 1 lb of cooked chicken (cubed or sliced)
  • 3 garlic cloves, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • Salt
  • Black pepper
  • Pinch of parsley, red pepper flakes and dried oregano
  • 1 8oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven 425
2. Heat deep skillet over medium/high heat with olive oil (I used about a tbsp.)
3. Brown chicken then add garlic, onion, salt, and pepper (cook together for 6 min)
4. Then add parsley, red pepper flakes, oregano, and tomato sauce (heat sauce through)
5. Apply meat sauce to pizza dough, then arrange cheeses on top of pizza.
6. Bake 10-12 minutes


Tonight we had Chicken Spaghetti! I really like casserole type recipes because you can bake them in two dishes and freeze half of it to eat later. When you're cooking for two people, this really helps us not waste as much food. Taylor isn't big on leftovers, so when we cook we try and make sure there won't be much leftover so it doesn't just get thrown away. I made the chicken spaghetti last night and cooked half of it in a Pyrex dish and the other half in an aluminum foil pan so I could freeze it. It was so nice this evening to be able to just come home and put the Pyrex dish in the oven and 20 minutes later dinner was ready!

Easy Chicken Spaghetti (this is Susan's recipe!)
  • 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
  • 4 tbsp. butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 can (4 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
  • 2 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 lb. Velveeta, grated
  • 7 oz. vermicelli, cooked
  • Salt to taste
  • Pepper to taste
  • Tabasco to taste
Cook chicken and cut into bite-sized pieces. Saute onion, celery and green pepper in butter. Mix soup with milk and add to sauteed ingredients. Add mushrooms. Add cheese and stir until melted. Add chicken, vermicelli, salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake, uncovered, 35 minutes at 350 degrees.


And finally, this is my new favorite seasoning! Laine uses it all the time, and her food is always really good, so I thought we should buy some. It is really good to sprinkle on top of bread or Laine sprinkles it over her lasagna/pasta dishes! You can find it next to the dressings at Walmart :)

Have a happy Friday tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hey this is Mitch on that chicken spaghetti recipe I mixed the soup with milk and ASS. And im not sure if I did it right. Is there a special technique you use? (Chicken Spaghetti: line 2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I guess I don't proof read very well!

    ReplyDelete