Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mid-Week Update

The week is half way over! Yay :) This week has been pretty relaxed for us so far. We have just been working, studying, and running in preparation for the race this weekend. I am getting really nervous but I know that eventually I will cross the finish line. Ha! Besides the race, we are really looking forward to spending some time in St. Louis and getting to see Taylor's family. It's always nice when we get to spend time with our families, but always really hard to leave them!

I do have one recipe that I wanted to share with you guys! This is my sweet friend Daniella's bruschetta recipe! It is sooo delicious and simple.

Daniella’s Bruschetta

  • 1 loaf sour dough or French bread (sliced ¾-1” thick)
  • ½ cup olive oil
  • 8 oz. Ricotta cheese
  • 6 oz. Basil pesto
  • 4 Roma tomatoes (chopped fine)
Directions per slice:
  • 1. Preheat oven to 350
  • 2. Brush or dip both sides of bread in olive oil
  • 3. Place on baking sheet, bake at 350 for 8 minutes (may turn once)
  • 4. Spread with 1 tbsp. Ricotta cheese
  • 5. Top cheese with ½ teaspoon basil pesto
  • 6. Finally top all with a few pieces of chopped tomatoes
  • 7. Pop back in oven for 2 minutes until warm
I do have a prayer request that I would like y'all to remember. This past weekend, in Sand Springs, there was a really horrible wreck near my parents neighborhood. 4 teenage girls, my sister's age, were involved and 2 of them have passed away. My parents know the family of one of the girls who passed away and I was actually the flower girl in their wedding. Everything about the situation is terribly sad so I would love if you could keep these families in your prayers. With Keeley about to start driving, it makes me nervous and reminds me how important it is to be a cautious and responsible driver.

We hope you all have a great rest of the week!

PS: Just for my records... I just beat Taylor 3 to 1 in Wheel-of-Fortune! That never happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment