Sunday, October 3, 2010

Almost Famous

Ok, so we probably won't be famous but we did get to do something pretty cool this weekend which I'll explain in a second! This weekend has been very eventful! Friday night we went out to eat with Laine, Andrew, and Keith at Papa Del's (a yummy local pizza place!) and then went to see The Social Network. We all really enjoyed the movie and it was cool to see how Facebook was developed. Did you know that the inventor of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, is only 25 years old and has a net worth of 4 BILLION dollars?! Wow. Friday night we went to bed pretty early because we had to get up early Saturday and head to the station's tailgate tent to help setup.


Saturday was a really fun day for many reasons. One, Taylor and I got free tickets to the Illinois vs. Ohio State football game because I signed up to help setup the tent. Two, we helped our new U-Rock 107.9 station film a television commercial during the tailgate. Ha! Yes, I said we filmed a commercial, as in something that will be shown on TV! I will post the commercial when I get a copy and just send me your mailing address if you would like an autograph! Just kidding :) And three, the football game was actually a really good game and not the blow out we had been expecting. It was fun to watch the #2 team in the country play! But we did realize that the Big 10 just isn't as fun to watch as the SEC or Big 12 when we were watching the Red River Shootout and Florida vs. Alabama that night!


They spelled out Illini! Isn't that cool? :)


This was right before we scored the first touchdown of the game!

Saturday night we just spent the evening relaxing at home. I think that waking up at 6am that morning caught up with me about 7:30pm because I took a 3 hour nap that night and then went to bed at 11pm! Ha. This morning we got up and went to church and then went to eat lunch with Laine, Andrew, and Keith at El Toro, which is a good Mexican restaurant that we found here! This afternoon we spent time cleaning the apartment and making dinner for L, A, and K who are over right now so the boys can work on homework. We made poppy seed chicken for them and they loved it! I pulled out my fiestaware baking dishes to bake in which made me very happy :)


One another note, I hung up our first decoration for Fall this afternoon! This is a cute Welcome sign that Taylor's Moggie got me. I just love it!

Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment