Monday, January 10, 2011

The King

Well, our 5 weeks of traveling has finally come to an end. It was wonderful to spend time with family and see so many of our friends get married, but we are both really looking forward to staying in Illinois this weekend! Ha.


Yes, I know this is not a good picture but I feel it captures how tired we have become of being on the road! Ha. But I know that in a month or so we will want to be around all of our friends again so I am not going to complain. Plus, I have developed a LOVE for listening to books on tape! Just ask Taylor :)

Last weekend we headed to Little Rock to see Taylor's cousin Kathryn get married, but little did we know we would also meet The King. Have you met The King? We have.

Did you know that Saturday was The King's birthday? And do you know where he spent it?... The Summit Church in North Little Rock! Ha.

Believe me, I will now provide you proof...


Yep, Elvis was in the building! Okay, so maybe not the REAL Elvis but Taylor's cousin Daniel did a very good job emceeing as Elvis. The wedding was absolutely beautiful and afterward we stayed to help clean up because there was a lot to do. We loaded everything up in multiple cars and went to Taylor's aunt and uncle's house to unload and hang out for a little while.

Sunday morning we got up and ate breakfast before heading back to home. We actually made really good time and were home around 6:30. Taylor, who has been doing a lot of the "house work duties" by himself since he has been off school, convinced me to go to Walmart after we got home so he "wouldn't be lonely". Haha! I must admit that I'm not sure if I am ready for him to go back next week, because then I will have to start cooking again.

Thanks for letting us invade your homes over the past month or so! We love y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment