Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sundays are for studying!

I always enjoy Sundays! Even though the next day is Monday, there is something just so relaxing about Sundays :) So today in our house, Taylor wasn't the only one studying. When I was offered my new job they gave me a huge stack of papers, a worksheet, and a book, then said, "Memorize this!". Ha! So this weekend I have been looking over all the information about each station, reading through a book called "Secret Formulas of the Wizard of Ads", and filling out a worksheet. I thought when I graduated I would never fill out another worksheet again. Well, I was wrong! The book is actually entertaining, but I have so much information about the stations to learn that it is a little overwhelming.


I probably shouldn't complain though, because Taylor's studying is like 100 times worse than mine :( And he is still not feeling well so please be praying for him. We actually didn't go to church this morning because he felt so bad and just needed to rest.


Tonight we made BBQ Turkey Burgers and they were very good! We have made them before but I didn't post the recipe so I thought I would this time. Please don't let the idea of "turkey burgers" throw you off. These have so much flavor and are very delicious! We put them on a Kaiser bun with a piece of pepper jack cheese (for me) and American cheese (for Taylor). Yummy!

BBQ TURKEY BURGERS
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it
1 pound ground turkey (or chicken)
1 tablespoon grill seasoning (we used McCormick)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

Directions:
In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onions, garlic and tomato paste and sweat them for 5 minutes to soften and sweeten. Sprinkle in sugar and remove from heat. Cool in a bowl, 5 minutes. Add tomato paste mixture, Worcestershire, hot sauce to bowl and combine. Add chicken to the bowl then grill seasoning and combine the burgers well to evenly distribute the flavors and form 4 patties. Wash up.

Heat 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 6 minutes on each side. (It took our patties a little longer to cook, so just make sure they are done all the way through!)

Well, I start work tomorrow morning so please be praying for me! I will be sure and give an update tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. Jamie - Hope you have a great first day! Hope you get to feeling better soon Taylor! Love you both :)

    ReplyDelete