Monday, September 6, 2010

Fun Times and BIG News!

Hello! So once again, sorry we have been MIA for the last week. Things have been pretty busy here in IL! Taylor's family came to visit over Labor Day weekend and we had so much fun! Myself, Jim (Taylor's dad), and his Papaw all had birthdays in the last week so it was fun to all celebrate together! His family got here Saturday morning and we headed to a place called Jim Gould's for lunch and it was yummy! Taylor has wanted to go there since we moved here, so he was pretty excited. After lunch we showed Taylor's family around the town and we got to check out his office at school. That evening we went to Papa Del's, a local pizza place that is soooo good! Sunday morning we woke up early and headed to Chicago to attend The Moody Church and then we spent the afternoon in Chicago at the Magnificent Mile and the Lincoln Park Zoo. And of course, no trip to Chicago is complete without a stop by the Garrett Popcorn Shop!


After a trip to the zoo (where hardly any of the animals were out!), we headed back home! Monday morning we all got up and went to eat at Cracker Barrel before Taylor's family headed back to AR. That afternoon Taylor and I just kind of hung around the house reading and studying. We had a really good Labor Day weekend and were happy to be able to visit with family :)


In other news, I am now one year older than the last time we posted! Ha. My birthday was last Thursday and I had a really good day. Taylor got up and made me breakfast before he left for school and then I went and got a pedicure with our friend Laine. She took me to get ice cream at a place called Jarling's here in town! It was delicious. But probably the best gift I received that day was... A JOB OFFER!!

This leads me to our BIG news! I will be starting work this coming Monday, Sept. 13th at the WDWS Radio Station as a member of their Media Sales and Marketing team. I am really excited and nervous all at the same time! It is going to be hard work but I think it will be a great career opportunity. We feel so blessed and thankful that after a hard last few months, God has provided us with such a great opportunity! I officially accepted the job yesterday so Taylor and I went to get dessert! And where did we go? Burger King! Ha. I don't really care for their food, or fast food in general, but I looooove their Hershey Sundae Pies!


And of course I have to update y'all on some recipes we have tried recently! We made Rachael Ray's Southwestern Pasta Bake last week and it was delicious! It took about 1 hour to cook and the only thing I would change would be to use half a jalapeno cause it was pretty spicy with the whole jalapeno! Click here for the recipe.


We love you all and we promise to be better about updating sooner next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment