Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Fall!


Happy Fall!! I just love this time of the year. It does make me a little sad that we will miss the trees changing on 540 into Arkansas though! That was always my favorite drive to make when we would go visit B'ville for the weekend during school! Well, the last few days have not been overly eventful. We have pretty much just been enjoying watching all the premieres on TV this week and Taylor, as usual, has been studying every night. And I'm sure you are asking yourself, "Did Laine and Andrew come over to study this week?" And that would be yes, they did! Last night Laine told me that she is making her sister's WEDDING CAKE! She showed me some pictures recently of other wedding cakes she had done and I was amazed. I told her I wish we could have met four months ago! :)


On another note, we did go check out the Tanger Outlet Mall last Sunday that is near us! I had been wanting to go there since we moved up here, and since it is only about 35 minutes away, we thought we should go check it out. Ok, ok.. I THOUGHT we should go check it out, but Taylor didn't complain much so I didn't feel bad! :) We realized when we arrived that this Tanger is an older one because it didn't have all the stores I was used to seeing, like IZOD and Banana Republic. This is probably a good thing though because Taylor and I both could easily spend way too much money at those stores! We did find a great deal on some new winter coats while we were there, which I was really happy about. Coats are just expensive, so when you find a good deal you gotta take it, right?? :)


This is Taylor's jacket. It looks much more shiny in this picture than it actually is!


These are my jackets! And yes, I did purchase two puffy, fur hooded coats because the deal was seriously that good :) I just love the black one! I have never had a long coat so I am so excited to wear it. That does not mean I am excited about the cold weather that will come though!


And finally, I must make a sad confession. We only have ONE yummy recipe to share with you all. We have really been striking out this week on the dishes we have tried! ha. Tonight we made pork tenderloin, corn, and green beans. Taylor had found this pork recipe and really wanted to try it out. It turned out delicious and may have been the easiest thing I have ever made!

PORK TENDERLOIN RECIPE
Ingredients:
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup red cooking wine
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, wine, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 4 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

We hope you all have a wonderful Friday tomorrow! We have an exciting weekend planned so we will be sure and update again soon :)

1 comment:

  1. The recipe sounds yummy - we will definitely try it! Love the coats! Hope your Hogs win tomorrow. Have a wonderful weekend - Love you both!

    ReplyDelete