Saturday, September 11, 2010

Last few free days...


So my last few free days have been good! Thursday night, Taylor decided that he needed to stay up at the school and study. So he asked if I would make dinner and bring it to campus! I thought, "Well, that could be fun!". Little did I know how hard it would be to transport chicken pasta, salad, and cheese biscuits! ha. It ended up all working out fine, but needless to say next time he has to stay at school, we will be ordering pizza :) It was fun to eat in one of the U of I's HUGE quads and the weather was perfect. Taylor and I even commented during dinner that we weren't cold or hot, we literally didn't feel any sort of temperature outside! It was wonderful!


Friday night we decided to go on a date because we had not done that in awhile. We headed to Outback (thank you Mitch and Sarah!) cause they actually have a meal that Taylor is willing to split! ha. Since he hasn't been feeling well lately, I thought a good steak might make him feel better. We really like going to Outback because we can get a small order of Aussie cheese fries, a salad, the Outback special, and something to drink for a really reasonable price!


Once again, doesn't he look thrilled to have his picture taken?? :)


This morning I headed to the farmer's market while Taylor slept in. I picked up some zucchini, squash, apples, green beans, and homemade jam! I am afraid that sweet corn may be out of season now because they have not had any the last few times we went, which is sad :( After I got home, I just worked on some laundry while Taylor studied and we watched football! I just love college football season! We are sad that we may not get to see many Razorback games this year, so I guess Taylor will just have to settle watching the Big 12 teams since they are always on :) haha!

We also got to experience one of the perks of my new job tonight! Before every home football game, the station sets up a HUGE tailgating tent and invites employees, their families, clients, etc. to come hang out and have free food and drinks! There were so many people in orange today that I almost thought we had moved to Stillwater for a second. We ended up having a lot of fun which is good, because starting Monday it will be mandatory that I go! Also, our friend Keith turned 23 today so we had cake over at Laine and Andrew's apartment afterward. And I must toot my own horn for just a second because I made my first double layered cake this morning and it turned out really good! ha. It was just a strawberry mix but I am not the best in the kitchen so I was so excited when it turned out well :) Taylor even said it was good, and he doesn't really care for desserts!


Here is Keith trying to blow out all 23 candles!


We do have to give a little shout out to the Razorbacks and their win over
LA-Monroe! Woooo Pig Soooooeeeee! Two wins? Maybe this is the start to a good season? :)



Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment