Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Stuff

Today was a really good day. We went to Sunday School at First Baptist Church at Savoy. When we were 20 minutes into the lesson and the class consisted of a 55 year old man, a teenager girl, and a married couple in their 30's with children, it was obvious that this Fellowship Class for Young Couples was a misnomer and not the class for us. Then, we realized that the church was not for us when we walked into service full of older people, at least double our age. The average age was probably 60 years old. Even though we have plenty in common with them, like say recreation (golf), we decided to attend another church's service. So we tried the Vineyard. Much better experience and we're going to look into the church more. Plus, the backdrop of the stage was a fake corn field, so we obviously have to give it a chance.

After church, we had our usual sandwiches for lunch. A workout from P90X soon followed. It is quite amazing that in such a small little workout area, I could sweat so much.

Dinner consisted of vegetable fried rice, chicken potstickers, egg rolls, and edamame. It was pretty good, except the frozen egg rolls were a disappointment.


As I was washing the dishes, I realized the pitiful state I am in and how bad I need cable.

For example, you know I need cable when Friends no longer makes me simply chuckle, I laugh out loud.

You know we need cable when...

  • I make Jamie rewind the show The Real Housewives of New Jersey on the internet because I missed a scene.
  • I actually have legitimate back and forth dialogue with Jamie about how Danielle is in the wrong. By the way, Danielle is from The Real Housewives of New Jersey.
  • Jamie watches the Synergistics Core workout from P90X, not even attempting to do the exercises.
  • We may actually spend more money on renting movies from Redbox than we would from simply getting cable.
  • We get really ticked off at the TV networks for not posting their new episodes quick enough (like the day of).
  • We go through a season of Friends in 2 days.
However, you know we don't need cable when I put my nighttime glasses and pajamas on at 5:00pm before dinner. That just means we need a job and school to start!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment