Saturday, July 31, 2010

T.G.I.S. right?


Man, thank goodness it's the weekend! Ha! Taylor and I really needed this day off! :)

So we got up this morning and headed to the Farmer's Market. This was the second time we have visited the Market and we love it! They have so many different types of fruits, vegetables, meat, and many other goodies! Today we only picked up some zucchini, squash, and corn since we will be leaving on Tuesday to head back to AR and OK. But they also had fresh okra, green beans, and watermelon that looked soooo good! We did pick up some roasted almonds before we left that were a wonderful treat this afternoon!


This afternoon we took a walk over to the mall to see how long it would take Taylor to make it to the bus stop. It ended up being less than 10 minutes which will be so great for him when school starts! Then we wandered around the mall for awhile, which Taylor learned is never a good idea to do with me. Ha! We didn't end up getting anything but I sure found a lot of purses and shoes that I liked! I also got the opportunity to talk with one of my sweet friends Mackenzie about the job search. She was such an encouragement to me and it was wonderful to get to talk with her. I am so thankful to have such great people in my life during this time when it is easy to get discouraged. Thank you all for your prayers!


Dinner this evening was another success, if I do say so myself! We made baked zucchini and squash, rice, and parmesan crusted tilapia. Yummy! After dinner we decided we would head to the video store and find something to watch (yeah, still no cable). The store ended up having all their new releases for $1 and since we opened a new account we get all our rentals 1/2 off for the next month! How awesome is that? We were so excited. :)

We hope y'all had a great Saturday and we will see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment