Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Back to School

We had an exciting weekend! Our friends Drew, Brittany, and TP, who all live in Chicago, came to visit on Friday night and we had a really good time. We went and ate at a pizza restaurant called Papa Del's that was sooo good! Afterwards, we took a tour of campus and then came back and hung out at our apartment. Saturday morning, Taylor and I cooked breakfast for everyone and then they all headed back to Chicago. We can't wait to go visit them soon! And yes, we did forget to take pictures. Sorry :(

Saturday afternoon, we tried to go play golf but the course was really busy. Instead, we finally went and saw Inception! We both really enjoyed it and it was fun to discuss the film afterwards. Taylor and I both like movies that we can talk about and analyze after it's over! Sunday we went to the Vineyard Church again and had another good experience. That evening we had our new friends Andrew, Laine, and Keith over for dinner and games. We decided it would be fun to grill hamburger and make homemade fries but our grill is still at my parent’s house so we had to improvise. Here is a picture of our make-shift grill! Ha. Everything turned out yummy but we can't wait until my parents bring our grill up here!


Monday morning was Taylor's first day of graduate school! I asked him if he wanted me to walk him to the bus stop but he said no. ha! He did at least let me take a picture of him before he left :) That afternoon I had an interview with a Media Company in the area and I think it went really well. It is for a Marketing Coordinator position they have open and I should hear back sometime next week!


We have also made a few very yummy dinners the last few nights so I thought I would share those with you!

On Wednesday we made seasoned tumble roast, corn on the cob, aluminum foil potatoes, and rolls! Taylor calls this his "man meal". He absolutely loves it and it's very easy because you just cook the roast in the crock pot!


Thursday night I made my first chicken pot pie! I got the recipe from my family recipe book and it was submitted by the Massey family. Thank you guys! We really enjoyed this meal :)


CHICKEN POT PIE RECIPE

Ingredients:
1 can cream of potato soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of VEG-ALL mixed vegetables (drained)
2 cans of cooked chicken or 1.5 cups of cooked, diced chicken
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 9 inch pie crusts
1 egg (slightly beaten)

Directions:
Combine first 7 ingredients in bowl. Season to taste. Spoon into prepared pie crust. Cover with top crust. Crimp edges to seal. Slit top crust and brush with egg. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes and let cool 10 minutes before serving.

Hope you all are having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that he would not let you walk him to the bus stop.:) See how fast kids grow up. The chicken pot pie looked very good. Love you guy's and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taylor looks so enthused that you're taking his picture! :) cutest first day of grad school pic I've ever seen!! (And probably the only one I'll ever see)

    Miss you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie if you try the pot pie again I wanted to tell you we do use a little less milk we like ours a little less runny. We just moisten it enough to mix everything together. Also we do cook it a little longer to get a nice brown crunchy crust. You can also use rotisserie chicken and if we do not have the thyme we use garlic salt. We have even tried it with hamburger instead of chicken and cream of musroom soup instead cream of chicken if we use hamburger. You can really play around with the spices according to your tastes. I still prefer the checken but sometimes a change is good. Glad to hear you have interviews. Good luck :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your grill... Looks like we do not need to bring yours up now! Hope Taylor had a great first day at school:) Sounds promising on your interviews!!

    ReplyDelete