Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Texas Travels

I spent last week in Texas recruiting for work so sorry for being MIA! I thought I would share some photos from the week... I left Monday morning and got to Dallas about 10am. I got to rent a car for the week and it was awesome! I ended up with a Chevy Cruze and loved it. Every time I got into the car it had that new car smell :)


I didn't have to be at the college fair (the reason I was in Texas) until 4pm so I hit the outlet mall and went to In-N-Out! Our friends have always talked about In-N-Out and I had never been. The verdict? Delicious! If you're ever around one, make sure to go.


I went to the college fair that night and then got to go see my best friend Jess and her husband Michael afterwards. They live in Texas so that was one of the things I was most looking forward to about being in Texas. It was so nice to catch up and finally see where they live! I got up on Tuesday and headed to Austin for the next college fair. It was about a 3 hour drive and I left way too early, so what did I do? I hit the outlet mall again right outside of Austin! Ha. I know, I have a really hard job :) This is my setup at the college fairs.


They have these really big college fairs called NACACs where hundreds of schools come and thousands of students can receive info about the schools and talk with counselors (like myself). These were my first NACACs and they really wear you out. I had some pretty bad congestion last week and my ears didn't ever pop after my flight, so it made hearing at the fairs pretty interesting.

On Wednesday I woke up early and headed to Houston to pick my boss up from the airport. She was coming to help with a dinner I was hosting that night for some of our admitted students in the Houston area. The dinner turned out great and she was impressed with how I handled everything. And I had TONS of leftovers!


Thursday was the final college fair in Houston. I didn't really do much that day because I wasn't feeling 100% but it was nice to just hang out in the hotel room and watch the Food Network :) I forget how much I love that channel since we don't have cable. Friday I headed back to CU and got home about 5:30 that night. But not before making a stop at the most delicious popcorn stand, Garrett's, which was conveniently located right next to my terminal gate!


No comments:

Post a Comment