Monday, May 16, 2011

What's Up?

So, I'm sure you're wondering what's up with us lately since it has been weeks since I posted??? Well, without much detail, here is a short list of things we have had going on lately (in no particular order)...
  • I went to a coupon seminary (ha!) with Laine at our church and learned some basics on couponing! The speaker was from a small town around C-U and was very entertaining! Here is a link to her blog: The Frugal Family
  • Taylor finished his first year of graduate school! Wow, can you believe it? I feel like the last year has just flown by.
  • We got the keys to our new (rent) house, which we will officially move-in to on July 1st! Wahoo :) Ashley, the owner, left to go back home earlier than she thought so she left the keys with us. I think our plan right now is to start moving things over slowly in the next couple weeks and then do a big move that 4th of July weekend when our families are here.
  • We celebrated our 1 year anniversary (a week early) in Indianapolis last weekend with a round of golf and some shopping! I'll do a full post about that soon, since we did have some funny circumstances come up :)
  • Our Saturday Market opened a couple weeks ago so Laine and I made our first trip of the season! They were pretty low on produce and all the good stuff at the moment, but I'm sure as the season goes on it will get better.
  • We tried out a new golf course in the area called Ironhorse and we really loved it! I also finally found a new pair of golf shoes that I have been looking for awhile now. I think Taylor thought I was just being picky, but I knew what kind I wanted and wasn't going to buy a pair until I found them :) Ha!
  • Taylor has decided he is going to play in a couple of the area golf tournaments this summer and there is a couples tournament late this summer that we are both going to play in! I feel like my golf game has been going surprisingly well lately, so I'm interested to see if it will last through the summer. Fingers crossed!! :)
Well, that's about all I can think of at the moment and sorry no pictures! I hope everything has been going well with you and check back soon for a post about our weekend in Indy!

No comments:

Post a Comment