Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Birthday!

So I am a day late in posting this but... Happy Birthday to my wonderful husband! Yesterday Taylor turned 23 and to celebrate we stayed at home, warmed up a frozen Poppyseed Chicken, drank Dr. Pepper, and watched old seasons of Parks and Recreation. I know, I know.. quite a wild night!


Here is Taylor enjoying his birthday dinner that I slaved over all day, and when I say slaved over, I mean I pulled it out of the fridge and popped it in the oven for 30 minutes :) (I'll do a post in the next few days about why Taylor has his fingers crossed! Haha) Our original plans were to drive up to Chicago tonight and celebrate Taylor's birthday by going to see The TJ and Dave Show and then out to eat at a nice restaurant. Sadly, due to the crazy blizzard that has landed in C-U, we had to postpone the trip until next week.


So instead we stayed in and instead of birthday cake we had birthday popsicles! I tried to make a homemade brownie recipe for him, but it didn't work out so we ended up having popsicles. I promised that I would get him a cheesecake in the next few days though!

Today we have had a snow day and I forgot to take pictures but I will try tomorrow and post them. I probably could have made it into work this afternoon, but when I came home yesterday I got stuck twice and just didn't want to risk it again. But since Taylor has been sick the last couple days, it was nice to just stay inside and do nothing really. We hope you all are staying warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment