Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding

So in the last week... my best friend got married, I met a celebrity in an airport, Taylor has almost finished his first semester of grad school, we got our first Christmas present, and we may have lost most of our free cable! Ha. Here is quick update on each one...

My best friend Jessica got married on Saturday, so on Wednesday I left for Tulsa to spend time with her and be a part of all the festivities! It was such a fun time and her wedding was so beautiful. Here is the beautiful bride!


Here is the bow bouquet I made for Jess to use during the rehearsal. Since I'm not a very crafty person, I really thought this turned out cute!


Here is my family in front of the beautiful fireplace they had at the wedding venue! I absolutely loved all the Christmas decoration Jess had at the wedding. It was like a Winter Wonderland!


And just so we have a record of this... here is a picture of my parents dancing! Ha. This never happens!


While I was on my way back to Champaign, I got to meet Laurie Smith while waiting in DFW! I was so excited when I saw her waiting at her gate. In case you don't know, Laurie was a designer on the show Trading Spaces. She was always my favorite and I used to tell my mom that if we went on Trading Space, I would want Laurie to decorate my room! She was soooo sweet and asked me questions about myself, my family, and wished me a Merry Christmas. It was really cool!


We also got an early Christmas present from The Massey's! Now we have a first Christmas ornament and isn't it so cute?! My mom gave it to me while I was home and I just love it! Thank you Massey family :)


And finally... sadly... I think we may have lost our free cable. We knew this day would come someday! We still are able to pick up local stations and a few other channels, but for the most part, we don't have cable anymore! It's really not that big of a deal because we didn't watch a lot of the channels we picked up, but I have to admit I will miss TLC and ESPN a little! Ha. Guess we will have to find a new place to watch the Sugar Bowl!


Hope you all have a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment