Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

Yes, we are still alive. Sorry we have been MIA for awhile! We have just been so busy and tired that I haven't taken the time to post. I'll try not to let it happen again!

We hope you all have had a very Happy Thanksgiving and are enjoying spending time with family and friends. Yesterday we headed to Oklahoma to spend Thanksgiving with my family, but due to EXTREMELY strong rain we ended up staying the night in Springfield to be safe. Taylor and I had never seen rain so strong! At one point we were going 15 or 20 mph on I44 with our hazards lights flashing and not sure if we were still on the road. But we found a hotel quickly everything turned out fine. We got up early this morning, finished the drive, then turned right around and headed to my grandma's house. It was nice to spend the afternoon with family and eat very delicious, and way too much, food!

This wasn't our first thanksgiving meal this year though! Last week we decided to have a thanksgiving meal with our "Illinois family". Laine and I split up the dishes and here are some pictures of the evening.


Taylor carving the Turkey!


After the turkey was carved... We had it smoked at a local deli and it was delicious!

Here is the whole "family" after enjoying a yummy meal and watching The Santa Clause!

The boys taking a break from discussing physics...


My new favorite sweet potato casserole recipe!


Stuffing is one of my favorite Thanksgiving meals. This is my friend Stephanie's grandma's recipe.

This is our friend Can. He is a Grad student and is from China! He is really funny and wanted me to take his picture with the turkey. Ha!

We also got to go to the U of I vs. Yale basketball game this week! It was a lot of fun but since the game started late, we ended up leaving with about 9 minutes left since the Illini were most likely going to win :) We cheered loud for you Daniella!

Well we hope you all have a wonderful rest of the week! I will try and keep you all updated on our trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment