Monday, November 1, 2010

Family, Halloween, and Pie

Hello! We had a really nice weekend visiting with Taylor's family in St. Louis. This was also the Monster Mash Dash race I have mentioned before and it was a lot of fun :) I ended up just running the 5k since we hadn't trained for very long, but everyone else did the 10k. I am happy now that all I did was the 5k because my calves were STILL tight when I woke up this morning! Susan placed 3rd in her division which was awesome! We headed back home Sunday after breakfast and I didn't realized how close St. Louis was to us until this past weekend. Taylor and I both really enjoy St. Louis so I hope that we have more reasons to visit in the future!

So this was our first Halloween married and I have been really excited about setting out a bowl of candy for the kids in our apartment complex! I set out our pumpkin with candy and a cute sign about 4pm just in case any kids came by early. When I went to bring the pumpkin back in the house at 10pm guess how much candy was gone?? NONE! What in the world? I have seen tons of kids in the area and I was so shocked when none of the candy was gone. Oh well, I guess. Taylor said he would be happy to eat the candy! Haha :)

Finally, I wanted to share this grasshopper mint pie recipe with y'all! My roommate Steph made it once our senior year and I loved it. I have been craving it lately so when we went to Walmart Sunday I decided to pickup the stuff to make it! Taylor isn't big on desserts, but he had a piece Sunday night and took a piece for lunch today so I think he likes it!

Grasshopper Mint Pie
  • 1(8 oz) pkg cream cheese
  • 1/3 c. sugar
  • 1 (8 oz.) cool whip
  • 1 c. chopped keebler fudge shoppe grasshopper cookies
  • 3 drops green food coloring
  • 1 (6 oz.) chocolate Pie crust

Directions: Mix cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer. Fold in cool whip, chopped cookies and green food colors. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate at least 3 hrs. Garnish w/ extra cookies!

2 comments:

  1. We tried your Chicken Pizza it was really good I forgot the onion and I used the French Bread version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all liked it! We can't wait to see the progress on the house when we are home for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete