Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Southern Comfort

Sunday was our friend Keith's birthday! To celebrate, we decided to try our hand at some good old southern comfort food... chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, and rolls. I watched Pioneer Woman's new cooking show over Labor Day weekend where she fixed CFS and was inspired. Here is the finished product...


I should have taken some pictures of the kitchen during the cooking process because it was a mess! Ha. I thought it turned out pretty good but isn't something I would make very often, I don't think my arteries could handle it.

Chicken Fried Steak

Creamy Mashed Potatoes (minus putting the butter on at the end and baking it)

Laine also brought over a chocolate Heath bar cake, which we called a "Keith cake" since it was Keith's birthday! I wish I would have taken a picture of the cake as well, because of course it looked like it was straight out of a magazine. Laine is so talented! Every time she brings over a cake to something, I remind her how thankful I am for our friendship :) Ha. Click here and check out some of the other cakes she has made, you will be so impressed.

Hope you are having a nice week so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment