Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Best Smoothie Ever (according to Taylor)


A couple months ago Meijer (a big supercenter like Walmart we have up here) had pounds of strawberries on sale for $1! Since they all looked pretty good, we decided to buy a bunch of them to freeze for smoothies and since then I have been trying out different smoothie combinations. Well, a few weeks ago (according to Taylor at least) I finally hit that perfect combination :) Ha! I have no clue if y'all will love it as much as we do, but I figured I would share the recipe.

2 4oz Activia peach yogurts*
1 4 oz Activia strawberry yogurt*
2-3 tbsp orange juice (depending on what consistency you want)
6-8 frozen strawberries
1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced

*You may be able to use other brands but Activia yogurt has a smooth consistency that I think makes the smoothie better and that's what we buy at Sams Club!

Add the yogurt and banana to the blender first then put the strawberries on top of that and pour OJ over everything. For some reason I've found our blender works best when I put the ingredients in this order. Blend and enjoy! Makes 2 large, full glass servings.

1 comment: